[Skip to content]

Cancer Advice - from leading UK Cancer Specialists
Find information
In this section...
On this site...


A flexible tube that is inserted into an organ (e,g, a bladder catheter) to withdraw fluids from the body. It may be used in the context of withdrawing fluid from the chest (pleural effusion) or abdomen (ascites).

Get an opinion from a leading UK cancer specialist

Our online medical opinion service provides you with expert advice on treatment options from one of our leading cancer specialists. Complete the form for a response within 24 hours.

Find a cancer specialist

Search our online database of private cancer specialists across the UK, or select one of our featured oncologists and cancer specialists.